20 August 2012

TC of KG - Chapter Two

"If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining."

6:30 AM, Comfy bed 

Agenda for the day:
1. I will act cool.
2. I am not going to be afraid of one silly class.
3. I am going to be witty and charming and I will make a friend today.
4. Speaking of silly classes, I must find my camera. Shit.


7:00 AM, (messy) Bedroom



5. I must clean my bedroom. I think something died in here.

6. I must thank Payal for finding my camera.


7:30 AM, Breakfast.



Things just seem so much better after a nice long bath and some delicious breakfast. Amma just makes the best parathas in the world.



Yum.



I feel like I can conquer the world today. I can feel it in the air, in the pulse of my heart, in the rhythm of my breath. I can feel the confidence brimming. Ah, confidence- that's what it's all about. The right amount of confidence and no one can stop me.



8:30 AM, College bus



I strutted into the bus like I owned it and sat next to Priya.



"Hey Priya! How are you this morning?"



She looked a little befuddled at my cheery disposition.



"Um...I am doing okay."



And then silence. Come on Priya it takes two to have a conversation.



"So what classes do you take? I didn't see you in any of mine." I prodded the conversation along.



"Well I take business related classes. What about you?"



Finally a response and a question! As I was about to respond, a rude voice interrupted us.



"You there, Chamkilie, find another seat."



A tall girl (maybe 5'9), stood before us, dressed in a tiny piece of cloth (really it's an insult to call it a dress!). She apparently wanted us to change seats. She looked like she usually got her way. Well not this time babes,



"And why should I do that?" I asked with my eyebrows raised and my voice filled with sarcasm.

She looked surprised at being questioned. Well girlie there's more from where that came from.


"Do you know who I am, chamkilie?"



"Should I care who you are?"



"You will if you know what's good for you fresher."



Just as I was about to bite back, Priya stopped me.



"Let's go Khushi, it's not worth it." She said in a quiet voice.



So I let go and we walked off to the last few seats.



"Why did you stop me? The nerve of that girl. I would have given her a piece of my mind. "



She gave me an exasperated look.



"That's Lavanya Kashyap. She's got the looks and the brains to match it. In other words- she's the queen bee."



"How do you know all this?"



She blushed and murmured.



"My sister, Anchal, is in the same year as her."

"Oh you have a sister? I do too!"


And the conversations went pretty smooth after that.

Mission make a friend- Success


9:40 AM, Political Science



Stupid Priya. She is so wrong. I so don't like that arrogant arse. Who the hell can even fathom liking that Laad Governor? Thinks he owns the damn world, who the hell does he think he is?



Humph.



Shit I think the lady is onto to me. I better pay attention, can't have another teacher hating me.



10:00 AM, Still Political science



So anyway, Priya and I were walking towards the main building (we have to go past the Tennis courts) minding our own business and rejoicing in our new found friendship. Then of course anyone can guess what happened next.



Tennis balls + Khushi = Disaster in the making.



The tennis ball hit me smack dab on the shoulders (the left one) and I withered in pain, died in agony. Okay it probably wasn't that dramatic and the ball didn't really hit me that hard, but enough to leave a bruise and for me to yelp in pain.



"Oh God, Khushi! Are you alright?" Priya asked in a concerned voice.



"Argh." Was my only response.



Then I caught sight of the man of my dreams, the beholder of my heart, the most handsome guy I have ever laid eyes on. Period.



"Are you alright?" The handsome stranger asked in a melodic voice, his honey coloured eyes shining in concern.



I was shocked to silence and words escaped me. I think I scared him as I gaped at him like a fish out of the water, because he immediately asked me,



"Shit did I hit you that hard? I am so sorry."



He grabbed my hand and helped me up as I winced in pain.



"I'll take you to the first aid room."



I was in heaven as he took hold of my hand and led me towards the pavement. But of course that moment had to be ruined as a rude voice interrupted us. A voice I was getting sick of.



"Unbelievable, not you again. Anil, why did you have to hit her of all the people?"



Stupid Rakshas. Why does he have to ruin everything? He stood there with his Tennis racquet and glared at us. His eyes landed on my bruise and widened a bit. Bet he was laughing internally at my pain.



"Is that a bee buzzing? I really do hate that sound." I bit back, completely ignoring the ass hat and concentrating on the eye-candy in front of me.



He was seething as I noticed from the corner of my eyes. But I focused my eyes on Anil ( what a dreamy name.Sigh.)



Anil tried to shuffle down a laugh.



"Hi, I am Anil and I am really sorry to have smacked you, I promise you I am usually not this clumsy." He said, scratching the back of his head and grinned sheepishly.



I probably hyperventilated a little.



"I am Khushi and really it's alright. I am fine."



"Great, she's fine. Can we go now Anil? We have BS first up and we should really finish up before the bell goes off." Mr.TwoFace said as he glared at Anil and me. I wonder what's got his pants in a twist.



"Chill bro. I know the great Arnav Singh Raizada can never be late." So that was his highness' royal name.



Then the Adonis turned to look at me and continued.



"Well if are sure, then I'll catch you later before Arnav bites my head off." He gave me a toothy grin and walked off.



I giggled a little and turned away, but just as I started to walk my feet caught the pavement and I fell forward. As I awaited the pain a strong (and strangely familiar) pair of hands grabbed me from the behind and I was pulled flush against a hard body.


"Silly girl, can't you watch where you're going?" An angry voice whispered into my ears.

I felt goosebumps raise, my throat dried out and my eyes closed on their own accord, embracing the heat emitting from the body behind.


I audibly gulped, then I was pushed forward and I stumbled a little before finding my balance. And really it was a lot less surprising then it ought to have been to see that Laad Governor standing there with an unreadable expression on his face. My anger suddenly rose as my face involuntarily flushed.



"Listen you, I never asked to help me or be my knight in shining armour. I am pretty strong and I can take care of myself. Thank you very much."



I glared as hard as I could at him.

"Are you?"


Was his only response, as a strange smile lined his face. I was caught completely off guard by the smile and my breath quickened and I have no idea why.



"Well...Of course." I stuttered out. (God knows why)

He stared at me for a second, then at my bruised hand and then walked off without giving me a second glance.


Who the hell did he think he was? How dare he invade my personal space? Stupid, moronic, ugly smile, Laad Governor.



I turned back with a frown on my face to see a stunned Priya. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was open.



"Anil Shrama and Arnav Singh Raizada just spoke to you." She finally said.



"Yeah so?"



"So? So? They are dreamy that's what." She said with a glazed eyes.



Then I smiled at her.



"Anil Shrama. He is dreamy." I affirmed with a similar glazed look on my face.



"And Arnav." She quipped.



"Please don't spoil my mood by saying his name."



"I think you like him." Was her only response.



What the eff?



"Ew, no way. Nuh-huh. Over my dead body."



"Me thinks the girl doth protest too much." She said with a knowing sort of smile.



"Me thinks you should shut up."



Then we both burst out laughing. It's like we've known each other our entire lives. Sometimes friendship is just so easy when you meet the right person and Priya was exactly the right person for me.



11:00 AM, Creative Writing



A day may come

When I'll walk alone


A day may come

When I am strong no more


A day may come

When my heart stops beating


But Today is not that day

As you stand beside me. *


The feeling is really great when a teacher appreciates you and says that everybody should be like you.



Ah, life's good.



12:00 Noon, History



I think I am going to die of boredom. It's only the second day and it feels like eternity.

Shit I just yawned and I think the teacher noticed.


Shit shit shit.



I better pretend to write again.

Phew. The coast is clear. I rock at this pretence crap. I should ditch journalism and become a spy.


12:50, Lunch



Priya and I took our lunches outside and sat on the lovely grass, drinking in the sunlight.



"It's a beautiful day."



"Ab-fo-tly." I said, while I stuffed my face.



"Gross Khushi."



We sat in silence for a few minutes as I inhaled my lunch.



"So what's your last class?"



Well that ruined my mood as my stomach dropped down with a swoosh.



"Photography." I grimly said.



She laughed. Why do peoples always find my despair funny?



"Why do you make it sound like a funeral?"



"Because it is."



She laughed some more. Then we got up and left for our classes. I really didn't want to be late for another photograph class.



4:30 PM, Back home.



So damn tired.

Urgh. Hate photography.
Wanna take nap.
God hates me...


1 comment:

  1. just discovered this story and i am really enjoying it
    sweet and funny and cute!!!

    ReplyDelete